Rasaut or Rasanjan is a yellow colored semi-solid extract obtained by processing a decoction of Daruharidra. The botanical name of Daruharidra is Berberis aristata DC (Berbericaceae) and it is also commonly known as Daruhaldi and Kilmora.
Its thorny gulm is 6-18 feet high. Leaf – hard, leathery, rectangular, monolithic or with distant thorny teeth, is 1-3 inches long. Pushmanjari – 2-3 inches long, is combined. In which yellow varnas take great push. The flowers are of blood aura. Fruit – oval, bright bluish purple color. Hakim people call it “Jharishk”. Flowers appear in April-June and later bear fruit. The wood is dark yellow in colour. The yellowness of the wood remains even after boiling. The dense substance that is obtained from Daruharidra by the process of Rasakriya is called Rasanjan.
वानस्पतिक नाम : बर्बेरिस अरिस्टेटा ( Berberis Aristata DC )
कुल : दारुहरिद्रा – कुल ( बर्बेरिडेसी – Berberidaceae )
अंग्रेज़ी में नाम : इंडियन बर्बेर्री ( Indian Barberry )
संस्कृत- दारुहरिद्रा (हल्दी के समान पिली लकड़ी ); द्रावि, कंटकटेरी, पंचपचा ( इसे पका कर रसांजन बनाते हैं |
गढ़वाल – किंगोरा
PLACE OF ORIGIN
It is found in the Himalayan region at an altitude of 6-10 thousand feet and in the Nilgiris and Sri Lanka.
TYPES OF SPECIES OF BERBERIS
About 13 species of Berberis are found in India. In which addition to B. Aristata, the main are B. asiatica Roxb. B. lycium Royle.
In its root there is a yellow colored alkaloid called berberine (2-3 percent). In addition, Berberis asiatica contains oxycyanthin alkaloid. In Berberis lycium umbeletin is the major alkaloid. The fruit contains Chinchamal and Sewamal.
Gun – short and rough
Vipak – bitter
Virya ( Potency ) – Hot
Its fruit is sweet acid and cold.
Sansthanik Karma – external – it is inflammation, pain, ulceration, ulceration and chakushya.
Abhyantara – Digestive system – It is Deepana, Hepatogenic, Pittasarak and planetary.
Blood vessel – It is a blood purifier. Hemorrhage is hemostasis.
Respiratory Institute – is cough.
Reproductive – It prevents inflammation and discharge of uterus.
Skin – This is sweating and pigmentation.
The temperature is febrile and antipyretic.
EFFECT ON TRIDOSH
It balances kapha and pitta.
PREPERATION OF RASANJAN ( BERBERIS )
Boil the root part and the lower gross part of the liquorice in 16 times water, when the fourth part remains, then take it off and filter it. Mix cow’s milk or non-caste’s milk in this kwath and cook it on Munah Mandagni. When it gets thick, take it off. This is Rasanjan. Today’s traders do not use milk for its manufacture and many impurities are also found in it. Therefore, it is necessary to purify the juice obtained in the market before use.
RASANJAN – PURIFICATION
Dissolve the chemical available in the market in four times water and filter it with a cloth. After that, add milk to it and cook it on low flame or dry it in the sun.
BENEFITS OF RASANJAN
- Rasaut is a useful home remedy in many ailments, including conjunctivitis, ophthalmia, bleeding piles, skin eruptions, ulcers, jaundice, enlarged liver and enlarged spleen.
- Rasaut is applied to the eyelids to treat eye diseases especially conjunctivitis and conjunctivitis.
- In the redness of eyes, adding 25 ml rose water to 250 mg rasanjan and dripping one drop in the eyes is beneficial.
- Rasaut is used as a wash for bleeding piles.
- Rasaut mixed with honey is a useful application for skin wounds and ulcers.
- Rasaut effectively reduces inflammation of the uterus, hence is useful for the treatment of leukorrhea and menorrhagia. Taking daruharidra churna in white water or leucorrhoea with Pushyanug churna in equal quantity of 2.5 to 5 grams is beneficial.
- To treat jaundice and other liver disorders, Rasaut is taken orally with honey.
- Gargling with the water of Rasaut is beneficial in diseases of the mouth and throat.
- Merely applying the paste of Rasaut on the injury or swelling provides great benefit in swelling and pain.
- In bleeding piles or bloody piles, rasaut is dissolved in water (1:30) and washes the affected area.
- In boils, pimple, pimple, one teaspoon butter mixed with quarter tea spoon camphor and powdered juice is applied.
- In constipation, mix 1/8 tsp of rasot in 1 cup of water and drink it.
- Rasot is given with honey in jaundice.
- In burning sensation in urine, juices are given with amla powder.
- Wounds and ulcers are washed with water or decoction.
SIDE- EFFECTS OF RASANJAN
Rasaut has laxative, laxative properties, due to which defecation comes more.
It is not safe to take Rasoot in large quantities. So be sure to consult a doctor before taking this.