Turmeric milk is also called golden milk. The reason for this is the benefits of drinking turmeric milk to the body. Actually, in Ayurveda, turmeric has been described as a medicine that relieves pain, enhances the Ayurvedic Immunity Booster and protects the body from diseases. This golden drink marks an necessary place as important drink within the wholesome diets. This energetic drink comes with superb anti-inflammatory and digestion boosting properties. During the Coronavirus Pandemic, the number of people drinking turmeric milk has also increased. People are slowly understanding the importance of this traditional and Ayurvedic drink and now it is also getting a place in the daily diet.
Advantages of Turmeric and Milk
- Turmeric can also play an important role in strengthening the immune system.
In fact, curcumin, an important component of turmeric, is rich in anti-inflammatory properties as well as can act as an immunomodulatory agent.
- Some studies suggest that curcumin may help reduce or stop the spread of tumor cells. It has antineoplastic properties (tumor protection properties). Along with this, it also has anticancer properties, which can help protect against the risk of prostate, breast, and lung cancer.
- Turmeric has antibacterial, wound-healing and antiseptic properties, which can be helpful in wound healing.
- The benefits of turmeric can also be seen in treating skin related disorders. Turmeric has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, due to which it can prove to be helpful in quick healing of skin wounds due to psoriasis.
- Actually, in a research, the use of curcumin (Curcumin – an important component of turmeric) for 9 months on a prediabetic population proved to be beneficial. Its use was found to reduce the risk of diabetes. In addition, the anti-diabetic properties of curcumin may also help reduce the risk of complications from diabetes.
- Milk products are important sources of calcium and magnesium. Both these nutrients are considered essential for the development of bones. Milk is a good option for the bone health of children and young people as well as adults.
- If you drink milk (Health Benefits of Milk) before sleeping at night, then you get restful sleep. Drinking milk relaxes the muscles, due to which you get deep sleep.
- According to a research, dairy products are rich in proteins and bioactive peptides, which may have beneficial effects on blood pressure by modulating endothelium function or affecting body weight by inhibiting the angiotensin-I-converting enzyme.
- It contains nutrients like calcium and phosphorus, which can keep teeth healthy by protecting them from caries.
- The benefits of milk also include prevention from stress and depression. Research has also revealed that milk can prove to be helpful in brain related problems due to lack of nutrition. Actually, milk contains high quality protein (amino acids).
How beneficial is turmeric milk?
Turmeric milk has many antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal properties that strengthen your immune system and keep you away from all the diseases that are extremely common during monsoons such as it is an antidote against common cold, cough and flu. The best solution can be thought.
- In case of joint pain and swelling, it is suggested to consume foods with powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric milk contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic compounds that can provide relief from these conditions.
- The curcumin present in turmeric milk can reduce the risk of depression and Alzheimer’s. Combination ingredients like cinnamon and ginger enhance the effectiveness of turmeric milk. While ginger enhances brain function by improving reaction time, cinnamon reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and improves brain function. It is linked by scientists to brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BNDF). BDNF is a growth hormone in your brain that helps neurons multiply and increase in number. Low levels of BDNF are linked to depression and Alzheimer’s.
- As we have said earlier, it has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It boosts a person’s immune system and improves the ability to fight infection.
- Adding turmeric milk to your diet is a great way to maintain your heart health. The curcumin in turmeric inhibits the release of cytokines, which are compounds involved in inflammation. These cytokines are largely associated with heart disease. In some studies, consumption of ginger powder reduced the risk of heart disease. And the powder reduces the level of bad cholesterol and increases the level of good cholesterol so that we can protect our heart from diseases.
- Turmeric milk can also improve sleep quality. As far as studies done in some small animals have shown that turmeric in milk can prevent sleep deprivation. Curcumin also lowers your anxiety level and improves sleep quality
How To Put Together Turmeric milk?
Turmeric latte or golden milk is ready with the next elements.
We are able to additionally sweeten the turmeric milk with selection of our favorite sweeteners. Historically honey is used as a sweetener because the sweetness honey has its personal medicinal qualities. As a substitute of sweetening the milk, we will additionally add black pepper to turmeric milk because it enhances curcumin’s bioavailability.
1 tsp turmeric
2 cup complete milk/almond milk/coconut milk/ soy milk
1 tsp honey or your favorite sweetener (optional)
1 tsp ghee/coconut oil/almond oil (optional)
2-3 black pepper or crushed ginger
Pinch of cardamom/ cinnamon powder for flavour (optional)
Take milk in a bowl and add all of the ingredients in it besides coconut oil and sweetener. Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 10 minutes. Flip off the warmth and pour the milk into the cup after which add ghee/ coconut oil / almond oil. Add 1 tsp of sweetener (honey) as soon as the milk has cooled down. Drink warm milk, without filtering, because the ginger and turmeric particles lying in it are very beneficial for health.